Tidying up your yard and environment should be one of your priorities. This ranges from trimming your hedges to packing them off the ground to maintain the good-looking of your yard. Likewise, when the summer period comes, the hedges will grow taller than before, and this will give your yard an odd look. How do you get over this without stress? Aside from moving ladders around the yard to get rid of the tall and hard-to-reach hedges, numerous tools are used. However, you would prefer the straightforward tool. Thank goodness, the best pole hedge trimmer remains the best measure to get rid of this.
There are numerous hedge trimmer models on the market, and getting the best long-reach hedge trimmer can be tricky. The extensive reviews of the best models will help you narrow down your choice.
This article will offer you the essential factors to consider when buying a hedge trimmer to ensure you invest ideally.
Comparison Table Of Best Pole Hedge Trimmer In Market:
What is a Pole Hedge Trimmer?
The combination of pole pruners and conventional hedge trimmers birth the pole trimmer. A standard pole trimmer comes with a powerful motor and trimming head attachment that offers you total control of the cutting task. The adjustability of the pole and the multiple positions of the head deliver an efficient performance.
There are mainly two types of pole trimmer.
- The Electric-Powered Trimmer: this is also referred to as a corded hedge trimmers. This is suitable for most home workers because they are usually lightweight. It emits little or no noise than others. It comes with a lot of benefits, but the corded feature is the primary limitation to it.
- The Battery-Powered Trimmer (Cordless): this utilizes direct power instead of the alternative electric power. The unavailability of the cord enhances its maneuverability. Despite the attached battery pack, the cordless trimmer will remain lightweight.
What’s the Profit of Using a Pole Hedge Trimmer?
Since the high-quality and standard hedge trimmers cost your investment, it is worth knowing the benefits of having one.
Below are some of the key benefits of using a Pole Hedge trimmer:
● Long-term Investment
This exceptional device requires a one-time purchase that doesn’t require any future payment to continue using it. This allows you to save money for other tools.
● Effortless Handling of Work
With the long pole and blade of a pole hedge trimmer, it allows you to cut down the branches and hedges that are hard-to-reach effortlessly. This relieves you of the stress of stretching your body and hand to get rid of hedges taller than your height.
Two cogent benefits you enjoy here are:
- It reduces hand strains and fatigue
- It requires less strength to power the device
How To Choose the Best Pole Hedge Trimmer
Knowing the types of hedge trimmer and the advantages of investing in one, it is essential to understand the factors that will guide you to get a top-notch pole hedge trimmer.
Since you’ve known the two types of pole hedge trimmer available on the market, it is essential to consider the power as part of the criteria to narrow down your choice. There are two sources of power for hedge trimmer:
- The electric-powered
- And the battery-powered
Choosing any of these two without considering the feasibility of using them in your yard is unprofessional. Consider your type of work and your power supply before settling for a particular power source trimmer. However, the battery-powered are often the best both in performance and maneuverability.
2. The Blade
The blade is another essential factor to consider. There are two types of edge as well:
- Double-action blade: this is the most common type of trimmer on the market. Trimmers with this type of blade are suitable for small yards and gardens.
- Single-Action blade: the only advantage of this blade is that it is lightweight. It also functions without affecting the machine’s balance.
However, it is crucial you choose the double-action blade because it is versatile. This will allow you to use the machine for different functions.
3. The Length
One of the wrong notions potential buyers make in choosing any product is determining the tool’s functionality or durability by its length. Trimmers with longer blades will deliver precise cutting but will give you a challenging experience to handle. However, choosing a blade will require you to consider the wideness of your hedges. This will ensure you select the perfect fit that will handle your project perfectly.
4. Adjustability and Handle
These two prime factors are worth giving serious consideration. Consider a hedge trimmer that comes with an adjustable pole that will enable you to use the tool on the hard-to-reach spots. Ergonomically designed handles will prevent hand fatigue and less vibration.
If you’re buying a pole hedge trimmer, it would be better to consider the best lightweight hedge trimmer to ensure the easy mobility of the device from one spot to another.
Consider a flexible trimmer to enable you to use the trimmer to approach the hedge from various positions to ensure perfect and efficient trim.
- Double Safety Switch: trimmer requires two hands operation. This feature helps you prevent the unintentional starting of the machine.
- Fast Charging: this is essential for users going for a battery-powered trimmer. Consider the cordless trimmer that fast charges in under a few minutes.
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: this enhances your credibility in the brand. It is not compulsory, but it is necessary to consider this.
For users that want the overall factors in one device, we would recommend the Garcare brand. However, it is electric-powered. The Greenworks cordless trimmer with the highest battery capacity would make the best pole hedge trimmer for users who want a cordless trimmer.
Sun Joe SJH902E Pole Hedge Trimmer
Many users consider the cordless hedge trimmers to be the best pole hedge trimmer on the market, but the notion changed with the Sun Joe SJH902E electric-powered trimmer.
This exceptional device comes with a powerful motor that performs efficiently. The 4-amp engine and multiple angles fulcrum head give precision trimming of the hard-to-reach hedges and bushes.
The 21-inch blade is made with high-quality materials long enough to reach higher hedges and sweep further with the sheared shrubs perfectly fitted.
The expandable telescopic pole reach will enable you to reach up to 13 feet of overhead or hard-to-reach branches.
This elegantly designed electric-powered trimmer is suitable for trimming hedges and shrubs, cutting tall bushes. It is a perfect match for both tall and short height users.
The adjustability feature allows you to maneuver the head in accordance with your preferences.
At a Glance
- It comes with a long and sturdy 21-inch steelhead that can serve as a double-action blade for efficient performance and sustainability.
- It can be heavyweight for first-time users, it comes with a shoulder strap that allows you to fasten it on your back for comfortable use.
- The instant start and safety switch on the bottom side of the trimmer will enable you to control its functionality and prevent over-tasking.
- Our Rating: Out of 100 93% 93%
- Adjustable hinge head
- Extendable telescopic pole
- Durable construction
- Shoulder strap
- Slightly heavyweight
BLACK+DECKER Hedge Trimmer, (LPHT120)
The LPHT120 model of pole hedge trimmer compensates for the stress and delay of the electric-powered trimmer with the 20-Volt Lithium-Ion battery.
This exceptional tool can serve you for a sustainable period if fully charged. The battery-powered trimmer allows you to work at your convenient time.
The LPHT120 pole hedge trimmer allows you to trim tall hedges and shrubs in a breeze. This cordless hedge trimmer delivers ultimate stability and gives you total control and a comfortable experience.
The weight of this device makes it easy to maneuver and clip hard-to-reach and tall hedges with precise trimming.
The 180-degree multi-angle pivot head enables you to perfectly and precisely do top, bottom, and rear trimming.
The Black+Decker LPHT120 hedge trimmer comes with an anti-rust fiberglass shaft which contributes immensely to its durability.
The perfectly and securely fitted sections provide a better connection and output.
At a Glance
- It comes with a durable Black+Decker 20-Volt Lithium-Ion battery for efficient performance and allows you to use the machine for an extended period.
- The 8-inch double-action blades deliver perfect cutting of branches with less friction and vibration. The sturdy blade can cut branches up to 7-16 inches in thickness.
- It features a safety switch button that ensures the proper prevention of unintentional start-up.
- It is battery-powered with a durable Lithium-Ion battery
- Lock-off switch button
- Multi-angle hinge head
- Lightweight and efficient performance
- The reach of the blade has limitation
DEWALT Hedge Trimmer, (DCPH820B)
The DEWALT brand has been rated by many users as the best pole hedge trimmer on the market for its dependability and durability.
The DCPH20B is a cordless hedge trimmer that enables you to maneuver the tool from one spot to another. Also, the portability enhances the holding of the device while using.
Though it is battery-powered, it doesn’t come with a battery, nor does it come with a charger. The unavailability of the battery and charger in the package can only be considered as the downside.
This does not in any way affect the durability and functionality of the machine.
It comes with a pole that offers you up to 7 feet reach. The hinge makes handling any hedge an effortless task for you. This component of the DCPH820B also enables you to set the trimmer’s head to seven various angles.
At A Glance
- The 180-degree seven-position head allows you to utilize the trimmer according to your preferences. It makes the machine suitable for any shape or size of the hedge.
- It has up to 12 feet reach. This enables you to cut down hard-to-reach branches. It comes with 22-inch steel shaft-cut blades that offer double-action for rapid cutting with a sustainable speed.
- Cordless and battery-powered trimmer
- Expand cutting bar
- Articulateable trimmer head
- Compatible with other Dewalt product battery of the same capacity
- Battery and charger not included
- It is heavyweight
Earthwise LPHT12022 Pole Hedge Trimmer
Another yet best pole hedge trimmer is the Earthwise LPHT12022 that is battery-powered. Aside from the durability of this exceptional device, it includes a battery and fast charger in the package.
This will save you the cost and stress of sourcing a compatible and durable battery.
The cordless long pole hedge trimmer (LPHT12022) comes with an efficient motor that delivers up to 2600 SPM (Stroke Per Minute).
The powerful motor gives super rapid run time and ultimate durability. Its power source is a 20-Volt Lithium-Ion battery that charges under a few hours and retains the power to sustain you for hours.
The 20-inch double-action blade allows you to cut down the branch that is up to ⅝ thickness.
It is suitable for connecting hard-to-reach spots and tall branches and limbs in your workspace or yard. It comes with a control button and groove grip for comfortable handling.
At A Glance
- It comes with a 6-position adjustable and extendable pole that offers you up to 9.5-inch.
- The battery-powered cordless LPHT12022 trimmer does not require any grease or oil to maintain the machine. It requires less and effortless maintenance.
- The Lithium-Ion battery is durable enough to serve you for an extended period of up to 1-year.
- 1-year battery warranties
- Fast and precise cutting
- 6-position adjustable pivot head
- Battery and charger included
- It doesn’t come with a carrying bag
Greenworks Pole Saw with Hedge Trimmer
Cordless and battery-powered pole hedge trimmer can’t be compared to any other on the market. The cordless feature saves you the stress of watching over the cord to ensure it is not affected by any sharp external object.
The Greenworks is a dual-action device. It functions as a pole saw and also comes with a hedge trimmer attachment.
It comes with a 20-inch cutting blade that is long enough to clip hard-to-reach branches.
The pole saw is another plus advantage. The 20-inch steel double-action blade is made with high-quality materials to ensure efficient performance and durability.
The Greenworks cordless pole saw with hedge trimmer is one of the best battery-powered trimmers on the market that comes with a 40-Volt Lithium-Ion battery and fast charger.
The battery is durable enough to enable you to use the machine for an extended period.
At A Glance
- The exciting part of this unique device is the automatic oiler that automatically applies to the bar and chain when the need arises. This is to ensure the perfect working condition of the trimmer and retain the machine’s durability. It features a translucent oil tank that gives you the actual view of the oil level.
- It comes with a cushioned grip to ensure a comfortable experience.
- Automatic oiler
- 6-feet extendable to 8-feet saw pole
- Saw and hedge trimmer attachment in one frame
- Battery and charger are included
- Relatively heavyweight
Sun Joe SJH904E Pole Hedge Trimmer
The Sun Joe brand of hedge trimmers is known to be electric-powered. The SJH904E is also electric-powered and comes with a 4.5amp powerful motor.
Unlike the SJH902E that features a 21-inch blade, this series features 19-inch dual-action blade. This does not dampen its credibility and durability.
The reach of this can’t be compared to the first one, but it is suitable for both medium and tall height users.
This exceptional model can be easily changed from an electric pole hedge trimmer to a handheld trimmer within a few seconds. This allows you to use the machine without electricity.
The multiple-angle hinge head allows you to adjust the head in accordance with your preferences comfortably. The adjustable angles vary as -20-degree, 20-degree, 40-degree, 60-degree, and 0-degree, respectively.
The telescopic adjustable pole allows you to effortlessly adjust from 3.8 feet to 13 feet to ensure precise cutting of the hard-to-get spot.
At A Glance
- The hand safety switch and the safety lock allow you to perfectly connect the trimmer to the head to prevent you from sustaining injury.
- Since it is convertible, the quick-release button will enable you to comfortably and effortlessly switch from an electric saw pole to a handheld.
- Extensive cord hook
- Multiple angle hinge
- Adjustable telescopic pole
- Elegantly designed with durable materials
- Slightly heavyweight
WORX WG252.9 Pole Hedge Trimmer
The cordless WORX pole hedge trimmer makes your yard project less exhausting, unlike the electric-powered that limit the reach with the stipulated and factory-fitted cord.
The advantage of using WORX trimmer over others is numerous. It does not only makes work more straightforward but also saves stress.
It is battery-powered with a 20-Volt Lithium-Ion battery that can sustain you for a reasonable period.
It only weighs 11 pounds which might be heavyweight for first-time users, but the compact design allows you to store the device when not in use comfortably.
The primary component that allows long reach is the pole. It comes with an adjustable telescopic pole attachment that will enable you to alter the pole’s height to suit your working preferences.
The 18 feet maximum cutting length can reach a reasonable height and deliver precise cutting.
At A Glance
- Unlike other models that come with 6/7 angle adjustment, the WORX WG252.9 hedge trimmer comes with a head attachment that can be adjusted to up to 10 multiple angles.
- It features a rotatable head handle. The handle can rotate up to 180-degree suitable for both horizontal and vertical trimming.
- It features a dual-action blade that ensures neat and precise cutting.
- Lightweight and compact design
- Super 10-angle adjustable head attachment
- 180-degree rotatable handle
- Durable construction
- Relatively expensive
Greenworks Hedge Trimmer, PH80B210
This is the top of it all. Greenworks is not just attractive but also efficient in performance.
This premium cordless trimmer is battery-powered and comes with an 80-Volt Lithium-Ion battery that fast charges under 30 minutes.
This super-efficient device saves you the cost of getting the battery separately. The battery and rapid charger are included in the package.
The 20-inch double-action blade delivers clear and precise cutting of tall branches. The Greenworks Pro PH80B210 battery is suitable for any other Greenworks machine. This makes the replacement of the battery an easy task for you if faulty.
Meanwhile, the battery is made with durable substances that ensure you use it for an extended period without any fault. The pole and the long blade allow you to get rid of hard-to-reach branches.
At A Glance
- The battery gets fully charged in under 30 minutes, and it can last for an extended period of one hour. This is to ensure that the battery is not overtasked, which might kill it off untimely.
- The 7-angle hinge head allows different angle cutting.
- The cushioned over-mold grip prevents hand strain and enhances the comfortability of handling the trimmer. It comes with a 4-year manufacturer’s warranty for the tool and a 2-year warranty for the battery.
- Super 80-Volt Lithium-Ion battery
- Reliable manufacturer’s warranty
- Efficient performance
- Cushioned handle
- Durable design
- It is heavyweight
GARCARE Electric Hedge Trimmers
The last on the list is the exceptional Garcare Pole Hedge trimmer that performs three special functions in one body frame.
This includes a hedge clipper, tree trimmer, and 2.5M pole saw. This electric-powered trimmer comes with a powerful 4.8A motor with a 20-inch double-action blade with a perfect spacing of ¾-inch between the teeth.
This makes it suitable for shrubs, hedges, and bush trimming.
It is a complete package that contains all the essential tools for yard work. In addition, the package comprises garden shears and a pruning saw for working on flowers, plants, and others within your yard.
The expandable pole is made with aluminum materials which significantly contribute to its flexibility. The rod is adjustable with the control button on the trimmer for extended reach.
The two switch options provide a two-way power option for you.
At A Glance
- It features an adjustable cutting head with multiple cutting angles, which ensure precise cutting. This delivers a comfortable experience.
- The two safety switches help you avoid the unintentional starting of the device. The ergonomically rubberized grip relieves the stress of hand fatigue.
- It features a shoulder strap that allows you to work for an extended period and is more comfortable. This feature relieves hand strains.
- Adjustment locking knob
- Two-way safety switch
- Ergonomic rubberized handle
- Shoulder strap
- Slightly expensive
- Relatively heavyweight